How to do a Closet Cleanse
Have a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear? Let's get started!
What you will need
-3 trash bags
-Notebook and paper
1. Label one trash bag #1 Donate, then label trash bag #2 Maybe and Trash bag #3 Recycle .
2. Start with the easy stuff, the pieces that have been worn, torn and are out of shape. For example: That black sweater you have worn over and over again. It might be time for a new one. If the colors are fading, or you have any kind of holes or stains it's time for it to go.
3. Take your notebook and note "black sweater" as it will need replacing. Do this with the clothing you know you use and need replacement. As for the clothes you are unsure about feel free to put them in the "Maybe" pile as we will get back to those.
4. Time for a break, step back and look at your closet. What are the pieces you use frequently? Organize your closet with your everyday needs in mind. Example: You wear suits to work Monday-Friday make those suits the easiest to access.
5.Now it's time to color coordinate your closet! Think of it as a rainbow starting with red and fading into orange etc...until you reach the end of the rainbow and add black and grays. Categorize each section by type example: sweaters in one section and jackets in another.
6. As for accessories the same process can be used. Instead of the color coordination, you can categorize by use or function. Example: Boots together or casual handbags grouped together.